The Weaver's Dance

On a loom that whispers, with shuttles that fly
And bobbins that chatter as the hours go by
I'll not lay in one thread of mere chance
As I work in the motion of the weaver's dance.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thoughts...

I've been thinking about my fiber art work almost exclusively, while planning the fabrics I'll have ready for the Surface Design Association Conference in San Antonio, TX. Since giving myself purrrrrmission to put fiber art back into my life, I've been "studying" some of my previous work. I can see that, while some of my thoughts have been greatly expanded (with age?), some remain much the same, as in this piece.... "Entanglements"

What was in my mind was the influences of our own backgrounds can begin to influence people with whom we spend time....whether it's knowledge, habits, fears, principals, convictions, preferences in anything in life. We remain the same in appearance, yet subtle little things are adopted like thoughts... feelings... ways of doing things.

We can pass on the bad just as easily as we can pass on the good.

I'm still waiting for my "new" sewing machine to return from the sewing machine doctor. I am going to begin to create larger Raggy Cats. These will no longer be pin cushions, but will be art pieces....I cannot wait to get at it!!!

But, alas, tax work invades the space and demands attention. I will continue doing that for now and get it DONE!!! My Harley is in pieces and being prepared for the Leiman trike kit....don't you know that I am anxious about THAT?!?!?! I have so many reasons to get done with taxes as soon as I can! There's great challenge ahead and so much potential joyjoyjoy....from what art I do to where I go and how I get there!

I hope a Merry Christmas was had by all and I think looking toward 2013 with new hope and determination is already in my DNA.

This is short for now, but hope to add more soon! I'm sending out many happy thoughts of good will, of hope and love and Miles and Miles of Smiles, Cat B.

No comments:

Post a Comment