The Weaver's Dance

On a loom that whispers, with shuttles that fly
And bobbins that chatter as the hours go by
I'll not lay in one thread of mere chance
As I work in the motion of the weaver's dance.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

International Quilt Festival Is Coming! ...And I'm weaving like crazy!

Wearing sweaters in the mornings now...in the 40's for lows.... but still weaving like crazy for International Quilt Festival. This is the last fabric on my loom named Jimmy, where I weave my Desert Nights Series. This fabric is the very last....wow....I plan to change things up a bit, but it will still be Desert Nights.

I have to admit that I wasn't totally crazy about the medium green and I wanted more colors. I was only able to get 62 yards in this warp because of the finer set and running out of warp threads!

I really, really liked the left selvedge that was inspired by the night sky toward Albuquerque....those night lights always reminds me how little the earth can be.

I want to use jewel colors for the Desert Nights Series 2 and endeavor to keep them more the same in the shade and value.

I'm also going finer with the next warp....all 20/2, both the colors and the black. I've got it all planned.

I've listed this fabric in Source4Style. To see my fabrics there, I don't have a landing page, but here's how you can do it:

Go to this link:  http://www.source4style.com/

Then, click on "Source The Marketplace"

Then, click on "In Stock", then "Type" and choose 'Wovens', then "Handmade...the little hand", then under "Origin" choose 'USA', then, choose 20 per page, then hit 'Search'.  You need to hit 'Search' pretty quickly or the page will flip back to clear!

There you can see all of my fabrics with several others that are handwoven.

To see this fabric, which I titled "Desert Nights in Moonlight", here's the link:
http://marketplace.source4style.com/browse-marketplace/handwoven-desert-nights-in-moonlight.html

This first Desert Night Series has been fun and I've gotten sooooooooooooo much variety out of this warp! I have many This-N-Thats from this warp, too and they are gorgeous! For more information about This-N-Thats, go to my blog list (under HOME) and click on "My Fun This-N-Thats"!

Thanks so much for reading....I'm sending out a lovely flower below...
and Miles and Miles of Smiles, Cat B.

14 steps to make each Fabric Flower Pin ~ a labor of love...

No comments:

Post a Comment