The Weaver's Dance

On a loom that whispers, with shuttles that fly
And bobbins that chatter as the hours go by
I'll not lay in one thread of mere chance
As I work in the motion of the weaver's dance.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Goodbye, Desert Daze Series 7....I sure am going to miss this warp. I think it was my favorite...the colors were strong and lively, but not too bold. And they so accurately reflected the colors of my natural world.

I have listed this fabric on my newest site, Source4Style. They seem to be a nice group, they care about the environment, they are international, and I have listed 11 yardages up there for designers to browse around in the stock room like kids at a birthday buffet. Here's the site:  http://www.source4style.com/

To see this fabric as it's listed in Source4Style, here's the listing for "Day Play:

http://marketplace.source4style.com/browse-marketplace/handwoven-desert-daze-day-play.html

I've chosen the next warp for Deedle that will be 'canvas' for my Desert Daze 8. I will cost several hundred dollars to dress that loom with the 70 yards that I usually wind on....I'll order soon and then watch for UPS trucks!!!

My energy still eludes me and I fight each day to stay at work, driven, I'm sure, by the wonders of weaving and the I'll-try-one-more-thing effect...

Thanks for reading and I'm sending out Miles and Miles of Smiles,  Cat B.

No comments:

Post a Comment