The Weaver's Dance

On a loom that whispers, with shuttles that fly
And bobbins that chatter as the hours go by
I'll not lay in one thread of mere chance
As I work in the motion of the weaver's dance.

Friday, August 31, 2012

I am traveling the world while weaving at a loom...

There's a pretty wonderful article about TAFA List ~ Textile And Fiber Art List and a photo of Stanley! The article was written by the creator of TAFA List, and it's so inspiring! You can see the entire article here:
http://www.hercircleezine.com/2012/09/01/tafa-the-textile-and-fiber-art-list-artists-working-together/

In the article, see this fabric, "Classy Brass" in progress on Stanley!


The article is for a magazine called "Her Circle" and it's really quite good. I have it on my favorites now, so I can visit it often at:  http://www.hercircleezine.com/ It is very up-to-date and full of thought provoking commentary and encouraging conversation.

I feel so honored and thrilled to have had a photo from my Studio in this article. And, it is great to read something that so completely explains why I joined TAFA in the first place!

Also, I just wanted to share....can't help myself. I have joined Surface Design Association, inspired by my experiences with the talented fiber artisans in Texas. For many years, I have been in awe of these fearless, adventurous, exciting fiber artisans who just seem to know how to make this media do their bidding. I worked for a long time with my dear friend, and designer, Rachel Edwards, who did magic with my handwoven fabrics and my association with her truly is the beginning of my global journey. I have put up my limit of photographs and here is the link:  http://www.surfacedesign.org/users/cat-brysch  I will also be adding this link to my list under "Find me on the World Wide Web!"

Another adventure is about to unfold for me as I am about to become a supplier on Source4Style which is a online stockroom/trade show that designers can look around inside and find fabrics from around the world to add to their projects. I have added some of my handwoven fabrics to that site...here's a link after clicking on SOURCE THE MARKETPLACE and clicking on IN STOCK, WOVENS, HANDMADE, USA, 20 PER PAGE and then click SEARCH, and you will get this page:
http://marketplace.source4style.com/?type=4&material=&origin=66&new_attributes=70&color=&in_stock=1

Finally, I am hoping that all fiber artists will take a good, long look at TAFA, too... There is not single place on the web that will work harder for its members...go see TAFA here:  http://www.tafalist.com/ 


And here's my profile page on TAFA here:  http://www.tafalist.com/members/cat-brysch-creations-studio As you can see, that one little page can hold SOOOOO much information. It's worth its weight in gold!

Well, that's all for now, but there's an endless amount of Miles and Miles of Smiles, Cat B.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for plugging TAFA once again, Cat! You are such a wonderful support! I am thrilled about the Her Circle article and hope that it will open new doors for all of us!

    ReplyDelete