The Weaver's Dance

On a loom that whispers, with shuttles that fly
And bobbins that chatter as the hours go by
I'll not lay in one thread of mere chance
As I work in the motion of the weaver's dance.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

It is 2015 and it's come in like snow....cold and silent.....light as air but difficult to walk through. I am revving up for another batch of Hearts on White while getting ready for my tax work season.

I am also about to start a new Desert Nights and can weave many yards of it! I have been working "behind the scenes" rather diligently to get this warp wound on the loom named Margaret. I am really fond of this warp....it is the first warp that was measured out by my helper, Jean. I love the gentle blend and the lovely colors....

 I'll be back to the old routine of winding bobbins in the evenings because I don't want to take up 'studio time' for such a rote task.














I have decided on the wefts for my first fabric....Light Turquoise and Rust.

Rather fitting for New Mexico!

I wrote many of the treadling drafts for this fabric, but I didn't write the threading draft.

This Desert Nights Shadow Weave is full of fun and is a great way to start 2015!





And here it IS!!!





To the left is the most recent five fabrics I wove on Hazle for Hearts on White. Of course, they have been finished and shipped for weeks now.




I already have planned the next five Hearts on White and really look forward to throwing shuttle again!





I have been doing a new thing! I have been listing yarns and threads on eBay! I am beginning to see that I will not have time to weave some of the fabrics that are in my head, so I am passing them on to other weavers (or crocheters) who will enjoy them and enjoy the making them into something!

Here's the link to only one of my listings.....just for example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291343001496?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Boy! This has been one learning experience! I am meeting with success and, though things are flying out of there, things are moving about as fast as I can handle! Wish me luck!

I am very hopeful about this new year. Last year was a time of healing, both mentally, physically and spiritually. This year might bring something resembling THRIVING, which is something that I am ready to take on. I am hoping the same for all who read this post.....my many hopes for more than survive.....LET'S THRIVE!

I am sending along these happy thoughts along with Miles and Miles of Smiles, Cat B.

No comments:

Post a Comment