The Weaver's Dance

On a loom that whispers, with shuttles that fly
And bobbins that chatter as the hours go by
I'll not lay in one thread of mere chance
As I work in the motion of the weaver's dance.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Back from Intermountain Weavers Conference

It is so very good to be home.  Even when the trip away was wonderful, there's truly no place like home.  And what have I been doing?  They say a picture is worth a thousand words so.....look UP!  Whenever I am in my booth, I feel like I am standing in the middle of my dreams made real.  The fabrics that I think up in my head are there to be seen and felt.  And the most fun is that people actually can visit me in my dreams!

Two of my most satisfying dreams have been "Desert Daze" (the bottom several fabric rolls on the rack, and "Desert Nights" (the top 3 fabric rolls).

"Daze" has proved very popular over the years and I'm now weaving on my seventh warping of this fabric.  As of yesterday, I have had the colored warps sitting on the breast beam on Deedle (the loom on which I weave this fabric) and it will be my eighth 70-yard warp!  I still need to buy the 'sand' for this warp, but I have to colors all planned out.

"Nights" is new and already showing some interest.  I had two quite nice sized rolls which I took to Texas to that show in College Station, and sold out of them...so I came home with orders for more to mail out, wove those and then began to weave more for IWC in Durango, CO.  I feel that I haven't really had time to explore "Nights" yet, but will in the coming months.

I have recently been asked how someone can order something off my blog. Since I'm rather new at this, I just assumed that anyone interested in any of my fabrics would email me and the dialog would begin.  But, I guess I should say that.  Since I don't have Product # connected or any listing, I can see how it might be confusing.  So.....if you go to "THE WORK ~ With a little help from my friends..." area very near the top of my blog, you'll see a list of "friends" which are the names of my looms.  Say you click on Margaret and look at the photos, read the pricing and the description of the fabrics that I weave on Margaret.... then, you are really interested in making yourself a skirt from one of the fabrics. Nice for ME!  You email me directly (or you could leave a comment, I guess) and I will email you back.  The great thing about emailing me directly is ....then you and I are having a one-on-one conversation and I can send you photos directly that show all the varieties of fabrics that I have woven off of Margaret.  Then, if you see something in particular, I can send close-ups of that fabric so there are no surprises should you decide to order.  I can include for you the exact measurements of width and length and such, so you would know what you are getting. You can look at your patterns, OR, as with the skirt I made from Margaret fabric, it's just a TUBE with elastic at top and a nice turned, hand-stitched hem!  I hope is has been a helpful addition and I will also put up a "sign" somewhere on my blog....I'll figure out where very soon!

I will post more later and add another "Trick of the Trade" as time allows!  The garden is calling, there's beans and squash and okra to pick, there's looms to tie-on, there's paperwork to shuffle!  Keep smiling........ and purrrrring!

No comments:

Post a Comment