The Weaver's Dance

On a loom that whispers, with shuttles that fly
And bobbins that chatter as the hours go by
I'll not lay in one thread of mere chance
As I work in the motion of the weaver's dance.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Does anyone know what CRUNCH TIME means?

What a beautiful day and I can actually stop and enjoy it because all of my product is LOADED.  I am talking about getting ready for Albuquerque Fiber Arts Fiesta, of course!  This premier fiber event, May 26-28 takes place at Expo New Mexico in the Manual Lujan Building and I feel so honored and thrilled to be a vendor there again this year!

I have to admit that there was some 'crunch time' in there for a while, because, here in our mountains, March decided to stay until May and I couldn't get the plants out of my cold frame and  into the ground until today!  I now have beans, cucumbers, arugula, squash, onions, potatoes, carrots, cantelope, watermelon and okra to eat, plus Heavenly Blue morning glories, purrrrrple cone flowers and sunflowers as feast for the eyes.  Besides these delights, I have been preparing all my fabrics to display, have more stoles than I have ever presented at a show and will be working on my Raggy Cat Pin Cushions almost until the moment we head to Albuquerque!

This is what crunch time is for!  My booth will look quite similar to this photo (this was my set-up at the first Earth's Palette event in Taos) except I'll have even more fabric!  Even I can't believe how fast my shuttles have been flying!  I have so much this time that I've had to leave some here at the Studio!  Well, wish me luck with Albuquerque Fiber Arts Fiesta and, if any of you can come see this marvelous event for yourself, it would be well worth your efforts to attend!  I am sending out Miles and Miles of Smiles, Cat B.

1 comment: